Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Another Day or Two

I'm currently still at Seton and I've been told I'll be released in another day or two.  I'm pretty sure I was told that 3 days ago, but I guess that's just the safest, non confrontational answer they're able to give with a smile on their face.  But as always, things weren't quite as "easy peasy" as they thought it would be when admitting me into Seton.  Since my last blog entry I've had two additional procedures done on the same site.  (I know, unfortunately I won't be walking out of here with a fuller set of lips and nice little butt lift).  Anyway, the two procedures were basically "tweaking" the first procedure I had done on Friday.  This of course set us back a bit in the healing process of the incision site.  We had some bile leakage issues that we needed to get control over and lets be honest, nothing good can come out of bile leakage!  Ugh!  In the meantime I also developed a minor fever that we couldn't ignore because obviously that's a possible sign of infection.  The good news today is that my diet restriction has been upgraded from a liquid diet to a soft diet.  Oh Yeah!!  Moving' on up!  Bring on the mashed taters!

So ya, we're trucking along.  Unfortunately after that last infusion I've lost a pretty big portion of my hair.  I think my prized possession right now is my lent roller.  Who would have known?!  It's amazing how much your hair can just get e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e!  I guess I better be getting those hair clippers out of storage.  I guess it's great timing for summertime!  

Adios until my next entry... I'm thinking in about a day or two!

1 comment:

  1. Girl I love you....love you. You know the drill - let me and K know what/when you need. If I can't drive, maybe someone can bring us to each other's house with a load of movies and blankets and we can lay around together.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete